Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RIAV

This is a great story! Those of you who know Rian well, know that she is absolutely obsessed with the color PINK! About six weeks ago, she was playing with these magnets and she was trying to spell out her name. We have been practicing her letters and numbers a lot lately, so I was excited to see what she was going to come up with.

So, there she starts picking out the letters for her name. She gets the R-I-A and then starts searching for the last letter. She moves the N closer to the other 3 letters, but then continues searching. Intrigued, I keep watching. She picks up the pink V. I simply explain that her name is not RIAV. She starts throwing a fit. She throws herself onto the floor and starts crying really loud....did I mention she is quite the actress?! :)

Then the phone rings, it's my mom. She immediately asks why Rian is crying. I said, "I don't know, let's ask her". Even though I did know why, I like Rian to explain her feelings to me. Rian explained that she wanted the pink letter in her name. I told her that we didn't have a pink R-I-A or N, but she was not happy with my explanation. So my mom and I continue to talk and a few minutes later, Rian comes running over to me with the biggest smile on her face. "Mommy," she says, "I spelled RIAN!!!" I walk over to the kitchen and find this (look up at picture). She says "See Mommy, I do have a pink A". I was in complete shock. I was so proud of my little girl! She never seizes to amaze me! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather Layton said...

wow! That both incredibly cute and smart! So amazing the things they come up with that we would have never thought them old enough or not yet capable enough to do. Good girl!

Doug and Marilyn said...

WOW! She has incredible problem solving skills. You've got a smart one there :)

april said...

A BOY.......congrats!!!! I haven't had much time to read blogs lately so I was a little behind. I am excited for you guys!! You will have one of each like us!! It is so great!

Rian is so cute. That story is so funny. The girl likes pink, she has good taste ;)