Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sonogram Pics

Today I had a nice little surprise when I went to the Dr. I was a little concerned last Monday when I went in for my 16 week appt. The Dr had a really difficult time finding the baby's heartbeat. He kept finding mine, but really struggled to find the baby's. When I showed my concern, he blew me off. So you could say I left the appt very unhappy.
I really wanted to know that the baby was okay, so I switched doctors and asked for another appt. My new Dr rocks! It took a few minutes, but the nurse found the baby's heartbeat and then told me to wait for the Dr. While I was waiting, the nurse wheeled in the ultrasound machine! I was very surprised. My new Dr explained to me that normally she would not do an ultrasound at 17 weeks, but since I was concerned with my last appt, she wanted to reassure me that everything was okay with the little baby.
She put Rian up on the table with me and pointed out everything to Rian and me. Everything, but the sex :) Rian saw the baby move his/her feet, and open and close his/her mouth! She was so excited! I left the office feeling so comforted. And most importantly, feeling like my Dr actually cared about me and my concerns. The first picture is a shot of the head. You can see the huge forehead, eye sockets, and the mouth opened. The second picture is of the spine. Our next ultrasound is scheduled for July 23rd. I put up a poll for you to guess the sex, so we expect everyone who reads this to vote! Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is a boy!

Andrew and Marissa said...

Hi Tracy,
Maybe I will catch you online tonight. I am glad you went to another appointment to make sure everything was ok. That is really good news! I am sure you feel a lot better.

nicole lindsay said...

oh good, i'm glad you found a different dr. glad all is going well

Andi said...

BOY. A little Mini Matt

april said...

I am glad you changed doctors. I did that too after my first appt. I was not impressed with my first dr. at all. There is no reason to keep going to someone for 10 months that you aren't happy with!! We are so excited to find out the sex! I am thinking it is a little hockey player!!

Chixon said...

It would be fun if you had one of each but I think it's a girl! (maybe that's because I want a girl first!)

Heather Layton said...

Soooo glad you got a good Doctor finally. Of course no one compares to Deb, but I'm glad you got someone that cares about their patients.

Kacie said...

Halefreakingluya! I'm so glad you got a new Dr. That last guy was a jerk wad. I am so happy that everything is fine. I knew they were, but I totally understand the stress. Yay!

Chixon said...

Hey I just saw your comment on my blog! That's so neat your mom is coming to Singapore. How long will she be here? If she has any questions she's free to email me grant.chelsea@gmail.com If there is enough time we would love to meet her for dinner and show her all the "local" food if she wants!