Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PQ Fiesta and Dad's Concert

The community our parents live in holds an annual Fiesta! Basically they close down part of the street and set up carnival rides, carnival food booths, and a bunch of local vendors set up booths too. I was excited to be in town for it this year. Rian was at an age where she could actually enjoy it and she sure did!

We bought a few tickets for Rian to use on the rides. She loved them! Then we had some frozen yogurt for lunch, since it was a really hot day. Yum! Of course we saw a lot of people too. Especially considering my parents have lived here for over 25 years. We had a good time at the Fiesta. Then it was time to walk home and get ready for my Dad's Concert.

My Dad plays the tuba and has been performing with the Poway Community Band for over 10 years now. I've always enjoyed going to his concerts! And this concert is by far my favorite one, besides the Christmas concert of course! The best part??? Rian loves going to his concerts too....and she always has, ever since she was a newborn.

Posted by PicasaI love this concert so much because it's outside at the Old Poway Park. Everyone brings picnics, blankets, and lawn chairs and it's such a nice and relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Rian spent most of her time dancing along to the music! They even played some songs from West Side Story, one of my favorite musicals. I loved it! And I know Rian did too! I also love going because I get to see my Dad do something that he really enjoys! He loves playing in the band, and I love that he loves it! We love you Dad :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Looks like you had a fun trip. And congrats on graduation, Matt!