Thursday, September 25, 2008

Packing Day

Today was packing day. They say it will take 60-75 days for our stuff to get to us in Guam. :(

They load our stuff into these wooden crates and load these crates right on to the ship. The movers covered EVERYTHING, except boxes, in this paper and used TONS of tape.

Here's a picture of one of our dining room chairs. I thought everything looked so funny wrapped in this paper.
Our movers were total pros! I can't believe how well they packed (or should I say stuffed) all our household goods into the crates. Not to mention that they were total speedsters....for all those heroes fans out there!

We only filled 6.5 crates. And the best part is that once we get to Guam, the movers there unpack EVERYTHING and even set up our furniture. I could get used to moving like this! We didn't have to lift a finger!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather Layton said...

Not that I see you guys ever now, but when I read you were leaving so soon I thought, wow I'm gonna miss them! I guess I just miss all of our friends right now and Guam is just so far away. Good luck with everything!

Sally said...

All I can say, is better you than me! I hope your move goes much better than ours--couldn't be much worse, except that you have a lot farther to go. Good luck!