Monday, September 1, 2008

Guess Where We Are Moving......

It's tropical....It's an island in the Pacific Ocean....It's over 5500 miles west of California....Can't figure it out????

WE'RE MOVING TO GUAM!!!!

Yep, you read right....we are moving to Guam. Crazy, I know, because I am still in total shock. We really wanted to go international though, and if we couldn't get international then Hawaii was next on our list. So Guam is just that....it's considered overseas, even though it is a US Territory, and it is very, very tropical. We will be moving there in April or May. I haven't begun my research, so I don't really know anything about Guam, except it is considered to be like "Hawaii for the Japanese". That doesn't sound half bad, huh! If anyone wants to come to visit....american airlines will get you to Guam from Cali in a total travel time of 25 hours for only $1400. Anyone want to come for a visit???

Matt and I are really excited for this adventure. We're sad to be so far from family and friends, but this is a once in a lifetime experience! I guess our parents better start saving up! Because you know I'm not flying back with a toddler on a 25 hour flight :)

Matt is almost finished with OCS. He will be graduating TOP OF HIS CLASS!!! Ranking 2nd!!! A HUGE accomplishment! We are so proud of him! We get to see him a week from this Tuesday! And graduation is on Friday! I can't wait to have my man back home!!! And a Daddy around for Rian!

10 comments:

val said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!
Wow. How exciting. What an adventure! I'm excited for you guys. Do you know how long you will be there?
I'll start saving! ;)

april said...

HOLY COW!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Guam?! 25 hour flight?! You could move to Mars and it would be as far!! How sad for me. Thank goodness for blogs :) We are so proud of Matt! 2nd in his class?! What a phenom!! Tell him congrats! Tell Rian Kaity says hi ;)

knitxx0r said...

Congratulations! We're excited your adventure. I wouldn't worry about the flight too much honestly. In my experience the flight attendants are really happy to help you out with anything. So good luck and we can't wait for the pictures!

nicole lindsay said...

How exciting! My uncle was stationed in Guam a couple of years ago. You are getting farther and farther away from utah.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I will start saving my miles. Had I known, I wouldn't have used 50,000 miles to fly first class to Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Never expected Guam. I am very happy you finally know where you are going. Thank goodness for blogs and texting. Tell Matt we said congrads and give Rian a kiss for us.

Love Aunt Nancee

Kacie said...

Tracy, I'm going to kill you! How dare you move to Guam! I thought you would move to Texas and be by us, now that would have been exotic. but Guam?! what the crap? Just kidding, it sounds so awsome! How long will you be there? I want to know what it is going to be like there, do they speak english? Do you have to eat weird stuff? Oh my heck this is so amazing. And Rian is getting so big and pretty. What a cute family you have. I'm still pretty ticked your not moving to Texas.

Cotter said...

I saw this the other day but didnt have time to comment! that is so exciting!!

fitnessmk said...

I am so sad that you will be moving that far away. :( Anyway, that is so awesome about Matt getting 2nd in his class. That is a huge accomplishment. I wish you all the luck and expect lots of visits from you until you move. Ha! Ha!

Spring said...

Congratulations! I'm totally jealous! Ryan and I would love to go foreign.