Saturday, November 21, 2009

Introducing.....

the newest member of our family....Miles Matthew Pine!!!
Born on November 19th at 8:08pm local date/time, 7 lbs 15 oz and 20.5 inches long.
Both stats are almost the exact same as Rian, she was 7 lbs 14 oz and 20.5 inches long.
The birth story is at the bottom of this post, if you are interested.

His first picture taken just minutes after his birth.
He is absolutely gorgeous and just as perfect as can be!



Just minutes old

With his eyes open




A very proud Mommy with her beautiful new baby boy!










How precious is he?!






Beautiful flowers from my mom and my whole family....thanks guys, I love them!








In his bassinet with his stats above his head.






I loved this "property of" shirt :)





Look how long and skinny he is :)



I went to the Dr on Monday for my 38 week appt. I was dilated to a 4/5 and the Dr stripped my membranes and swore I was going to be having the baby that night. I started contractions about 3 hours after my appt. They were kind of all over the place. 4 mins apart, 7 mins, 15 mins, 3 mins, 4 mins, 8 mins, etc. We put Rian to bed and told her that when she woke up in the morning her baby brother would be here.....we were way wrong! My contractions slowed way down around 9 and I suddenly became exhausted. Soon I was sound asleep. When Rian woke in the morning, she asked if Baby Miles was here, we sadly had to tell her no :)
Tuesday I woke up with a few small contractions, so we were thinking that soon they would become more regular and therefore Matt stayed home from work. We decided to get a few errands done and by 230 I was starting to have painful contractions about 2-3 mins apart for 40 mins straight. We decided it was time and we went home to get our hospital bags. A few minutes after I sat down in the car, the contractions slowed down and once again exhaustion took over. I fell asleep on the way home. Needless to say, it wasn't time.
Wednesday I sent Matt back to work. I figured once my contractions decided to stay regular, I would call him to come home. I had contractions off and on all day.
Thursday morning I decided to call the Dr again. I knew these contractions had to have made me dilate more. She told me to come in. Matt happened to be at his physical therapy appt at the hospital when she wanted me to come in. So he joined me for the appt. I was now dilated to a 6 and she said that I needed to go to MBU (mother baby unit) now. We headed home for our bags and we were admitted to MBU at 2 pm. After some blood work and monitoring, I was given my epidural at 345 pm. I was hardly having any contractions and when I did they were hardly regular, so they broke my water and started pitocin at 445 pm. I was still a 6, 90% effaced, and at a -3 station.
My mom and Rian showed up at the hospital at 7. At 740 we asked my mom to take Rian to the store to get Matt some cold medicine (great time to be getting sick, huh?). At 755, the Dr came in to check me. I was dilated to a 10, 100% effaced, and a +2 station. I was ready to push. My contractions were still irregular at this point. I had a contraction while he was checking me so he asked me to push to see where the baby was. I pushed the baby's head half way out! He shockingly said STOP! And quickly called his team to get ready for this baby and told me whatever I do, DO NOT PUSH!! I asked Matt if he had hair and Matt said yes! Within mins they were all ready to go, but I wasn't having any contractions. Finally after a few mins of everyone waiting on me, I had a small contraction at 805 and I pushed one time. We then lost baby's heartbeat (this had been happening all night because he was moving all over the place). The RN tried moving the monitor to find it and after about a min, the Dr said lets just push since he is right there. So without a contraction, I pushed one more time and Baby Miles was out at 808 pm.
My mom and Rian returned to the hospital and came walking into the room to a sound of a crying baby just a couple mins after he was born. Rian said look at him, he is so little. She was smiling so big! Unfortunately, she is also a little under the weather, so she can't get too close to Miles. Soon we'll have pics of big sister Rian holding her baby brother!
We are so grateful for all your thoughts and prayers. Miles is absolutely beautiful and perfect! I know Heavenly Father answered our prayers! We were discharged from the hospital today and are adjusting to life at home with 2 :)

11 comments:

Missy W. said...

Congratulations. He is a beautiful baby! Glad everything went well.

Unknown said...

Caongratulations tracy, matt, and big sister rian. Welcome baby miles! He is so adorable and mom looks great. Congrats!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Congrats!! So glad he is healthy and everything went well. He's a little stud. Hope you all are getting the hang of things!!

nicole lindsay said...

yay! congrats! He is adorable! I am glad that you are doing well, you look great!

val said...

Yeah. It's so great to have them here safe and sound. He is adorable. It was fun to read the birth story. Hope you are adjusting well and able to get some rest.

val said...

oh yeah and ps you DO look mauv-aless darling.

april said...

HOORAY!!! I love all of his dark hair!! What a handsome little guy! Congratulations!!! Sounds like the actual birth went pretty fast and easy! Happy to hear that. Glad you are both healthy ;) You look great ;) Enjoy his "littleness" it doesn't last very long :(

Chixon said...

Congrats to both of you! what a beautiful little man! So nice that your mom can be there to help out. Hope you are recovering well.

Heather Layton said...

Congrats Tracy! Good luck with the adjusting and I hope everyone gets better quick so you can all enjoy him together!

Los Bradshaw said...

He is really cute! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys!

JenHunsaker said...

Congratulations!!! Did you and Stephanie Gelsinon have your babies on the exact same day??? Will you be in the same ward in Guam? I loved the pics of your new baby. Glad he's finally here.