Thursday, November 26, 2009

I.Heart.Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love all the food! I love being around family and friends! I love that it's the official start of the holiday season! And it means our anniversary is right around the corner!
Since we always spend this holiday with family, Matt and I have never our very own Thanksgiving. This year was our very first attempt and I think it's safe to say...it was a total success! We decided that in order to free up our oven, that we would rotisserie our turkey breast outside on the grill. It was the juiciest, yummiest turkey we have ever had! I totally recommend this cooking style to everyone! Matt was in charge of the turkey, which turned out fab. And I took care of the rest of the spread. I made apple pie, pumpkin pie, and parker house rolls completely from scratch! I also made stuffing (my mother-in-law's recipe), mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. My mom made the yummy yams! She let me take charge, since she knows how much I love to cook. This Thanksgiving was awesome!


While I was busy in the kitchen, my mom had all sorts of goodies to entertain Rian. They colored placemats for all 4 of us. And they made these apple and candy turkeys. When I was younger, those turkeys were always my job, so it was fun to have Rian take on that tradition. Aren't they cute!
Rian tried on of the turkey feathers (candy fruit slice). She took one bit and said "it's too sweet", and then spit it out :) What a good kid, huh?!
Rian loves to hold her baby brother! And she loves to play computer games with Bama Lois!Posted by Picasa
Miles turned one week old today. We bought him the cute little "First Thanksgiving" outfit hoping he would be here in time! So glad that he is! I love how the feet say little turkey!
I love this time of year and the way it gets me thinking about all of my many blessings. I truly am blessed and i am so grateful for all that i have. I'm going to attempt to make a list, but honestly it could go on and on.....so just to name a few in no particular order.....that our prayers have been answered and that miles arrived here happy and healthy. my loving, hard-working, caring, supportive husband whom I just adore! the opportunity Heavenly Father has given me to bear children and witness the miracle of delivery. my smart, beautiful, out-going daughter and my new baby boy who is so good. all my friends and family back home. the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints. all the friends we have made here on guam. my calling as first counselor in relief society and the opportunity I have to serve the sisters here. matt's job and the fact that it gives me the chance to stay at home with my little ones. the priesthood and it's presence in our home. our health and happiness. the Spirit and my Savior Jesus Christ. our home. my parents who would do anything for me and constantly do. the temple and our sealing. skype. the power of fast and prayer. for my freedom. the holidays and the time it allows us to reflect and remember our many blessings and the birth of our Redeemer...these are just a few :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

What size PJs are those? I am surprised they fit so well at one week old. Even NB was big on Maddie when she was first born.

Looks like you guys are really happy. I am so glad to see that. Miss you!

The Rubens said...

looks like you had a great thanksgiving. miles is adorable! he has such beautiful hair! what a cute family. congratulations we are so happy for you. andrea

Traci said...

I can't believe how great you look already! sick! you have a cute family! I loved your pregnancy pictures! Good luck with the hormones and two kids! once the hormones are normal it gets much easier!

Kim said...

He's adorable! I'm glad everything is going well. I LOVE the name Miles! It's on my list for if I ever have a boy...

Cotter said...

I just saw your question about the polar express. there is one in utah but we did one in az on the grand canyon railway. it was really fun!