Monday, September 14, 2009

Street Vendors on Wangfujing West St

After the Forbidden City, we went to see some Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors. I really loved this part! The doctors felt our pulse while looking at our tongues in order to tell us what they thought was wrong with us. Matt and I looked great they said :) Then they offered everyone a 5 minute massage for 3 US dollars. What a deal!! Except, they wouldn't give me one since I'm preggers. Even though the did the massage in a normal chair, I guess they didn't feel comfortable massaging me. So Matt made it up to me afterwards :)



This is WangFuJing West St. Here is a view from the front doors of the TCM Doctors offices. These are a bunch of street vendors set up with tons of yummy food!!




Be sure to click on the pics to enlarge them. Then you can really tell what you are looking at!!










Little sea horses-on-a-stick....so sad :(






Snake-on-a-stick








Stomach....yuck!











Fear Factor anyone?







But instead of getting paid for eating this stuff like on fear factor.....









They eat it for the fun of it!


Scorpions-on-a-stick














More crunchy bugs
















Some more.


















And more















Intestines




















I seriously was holding my breath for the entire time we were here. The smell was awful!!!











Yep, that says Sheep Penis!


When this vendor saw us trying to take a picture of it, it took away the sign (next pic). But on the way back through, the sign was put back and we got a shot of it!!









Can you read these signs??



















Yes, people were actually eating this stuff!
















Starfish, shark, and sea urchins...all on a stick.


Our tour guide told us not to eat anything...not like Matt or I would have anyways. But our friends Lora and Seth would have if he didn't warn us beforehand. I actually would have liked to see them try something. So gross!!



No comments: