Thursday, May 28, 2009

rian and her big girl bed

We decided to start fresh when we got back home and move Rian into a big girl bed, so the crib will be ready for the baby. So she has now moved into a queen size pillow top bed. I know, that's huge for a 2 year old, but it was my comfy bed before we got married and I refuse to buy another one.

So we were watching Kung Fu Panda last night as a family and, of course, I fall asleep on the couch before 8 pm (darn pregnancy). So Matt puts Rian to bed as usual. She has been sleeping in her new bed for 5 days.....no problem. We wake up at 130 to a little pleading voice through the baby monitor saying "help me, help me. my big girl bed is too big'! How cute is that. So Matt, being the wonderful husband he is, gets up to see what is wrong, so his pregnant wife doesn't have to (although now I wish I did with a camera in hand too). He said she was twisted up in her covers and those were the only things holding her little body on the bed as her top half of her body hung over the bottom of the bed...of course, the only side without a guard rail. My poor baby almost fell onto her head. And I'm talking from like 3 feet in the air. How sad would that have been?

I just wanted to document it. Rian says the cutest sayings and I never document them, so I am really going to try hard to start. I still have so many pics to post, hopefully I will get to the soon.

3 comments:

Heather Layton said...

So funny! When you document them, make sure they get documented here.

Andrew and Marissa said...

That is hilarious! I am glad she has adjusted to her new bed.

nicole lindsay said...

That's funny! I am debating on whether I should move Parker into a big bed too. (not that big of course:))