Friday, May 29, 2009

Easter Festivities

Posted by PicasaI know that Easter was so long ago, but life has been hectic for us lately. At least I am taking the time to upload them now! Matt graduated from CECOS over Easter weekend, so my parents came up to Port Hueneme to celebrate the weekend with us. On Saturday, we went to a command sponsored Easter Egg Hunt. Rian got her face painted, searched for eggs, opened the candy filled eggs, and participated in a carrying-an-egg-on-a-spoon race (which she finished last)! She was by far the youngest contestant in the race and I made her carry a plastic egg because I didn't want to deal with raw egg all over her clothes. But she didn't know better and had a blast anyways!
On Sunday, my mom gave Rian an Easter basket filled with goodies. I got a few good pics of her face when she opened all her presents. We also dyed some eggs. Rian loved eating the colored eggs....especially the pink ones! The next weekend we had dinner with my brother Fred. He explained to Rian that the Easter Bunny also came to his house to leave candy for her. He knows how I do not like to give her lots of candy, so he wanted to make sure I was going to let her eat it. Therefore I took a few pictures of her enjoying her chocolate bunnies as evidence.

No comments: