Monday, March 16, 2009

Missing Our Little Girl...

It just made sense to leave Rian down in San Diego for the week after we returned from Utah. Although we really didn't need a babysitter until Saturday, Matt's mom, dad and sister, Lauren, watched her during the week and my parents from Friday night on. Although we missed her tremendously, we figured that we will be living out of the country for the next 3 years and it would be good for all of them to spend some quality time with Rian before we move in 2 months.

So how did I spend the week while Matt was at work and I was home, alone, with no little girl to keep me busy......well, I tried to stay as busy as possible!

Tuesday afternoon-drove up from SD by myself. It was so weird not having Rian in the backseat! Gym with Matt. Made and ate a nice dinner together...weird again not getting Rian's food ready before mine :)

Wednesday-recruited some of the other wives to drive to the cliffs of Malibu and dolphin watch! We saw some...see pics below!!! Then we ate at the most yummy frozen yogurt place in Malibu (I'm still dreaming of it)! Went bowling with Matt's Command (co-workers). Went grocery shopping and made some of the best street tacos I have ever had!!



Thursday-the sun was out that day, so another wife and I went to the beaches of Malibu again. This time we saw a sea lion...see pics below!!! Then went out to dinner with a group of friends.



Friday-went with some of the ladies to the nail salon! Something I never get to do when I have Rian with me. Then Matt got off work early so we went to an early movie and then to a nice dinner!

Saturday-got all dolled up for the Ball!!!!!! Had a blast at the Seabee Ball.....post to come ;)

Sunday-spent morning blogging. And now just anxiously waiting for my mom and Rian to drive up here!

I'm not going to lie, it was nice to have some alone time just Matt and I, but gosh, we missed our little girl so so much! 5 days is a loooong time! But we talked to her everyday, several times a day on the phone and she has no idea how many hugs and kisses are coming her way once she gets here!!! Thanks to everyone who helped watch her for the week, we really appreciate your help! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

gosh...you have GOT to call me more when people get together! The only time we've had dinner with friends was when I invited everyone over here and at the seabee ball. Here I was being lonely because I thought no one was doing anything during the day anymore...little did I know....

knitxx0r said...

Street tacos?