Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Time Has Come....

for us to say good-bye. I drove Matt to the airport this morning at 5:45. I just hate good-byes. I've started a countdown on the blog and we are all hoping that this time will go by quickly. We all knew when Matt joined the Navy that he would have to be away from us at times, but I am so proud of his decision to serve our country and protect our freedom. This is an exciting time for him and I know that he will do so well at OCS. My sister bought some recordable picture frames for Rian while Matt is gone, so she can hear his voice everyday. We will miss him so much.

3 comments:

Andi said...

Good Luck to Matt and thanks for serving our country!! We are so grateful for those guys and girls. Tracey I must say that you look absolutely fabulous. Hope you have a good summer. San Diego looks gorg. Logan FINALLY is warming up.

Heather Layton said...

It sucks being apart! I am so sorry for the both of you. I didn't know Matt was in the Navy. I guess it wasn't as bad for me last summer when Mark lived away cause he was at least home on the weekends. Good luck with everything!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Good luck! I'm so glad you are in your favorite place and with your family. I know that won't make it better but maybe easier. Hope you have a great summer!