Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the WINNER is....


Posted by Picasa
We are so proud of Matt and his teammates, Eric and Chris! They competed in a robot sumo competition for engineering week at school and WON FIRST PLACE!!!! They built and programmed this robot to scan for and push other robots out of the ring. The robots have all sorts of sensors and stuff too. There are absolutely NO remote controls, the team built a program for it. It thinks it's pretty amazing! I don't really know much about it, but that much I do know!
They spent hours and hours working on this and I am so proud that all their hard work paid off! They were so confident they would win and they did....a cash prize even! And did I mention made the front page of the newspaper!?! We are SO proud of you guys!!!

5 comments:

Andi said...

That's amazing. Congrats. You are making robots and I still can't figure out our TV remotes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! But honestly, it's not like I need a robot to tend to all of my sumo-wrestling needs. How about a robot for cleaning the kitchen? Or grocery shopping? You think about it, I'm sure you could do it.

:)

Kacie said...

Only in Logan would that make the front page of the newspaper. But That's awsome! I know those things must be so hard to build. I bet Matt had a fun time though.

val said...

Whoa cool! Way to go you guys.